Happy New Year’s Eve!
Now is the time of year when lots of bloggers, newspapers, and magazines put out their top 10 or 50 or 100 lists. It’s the time when they highlight the best of the best from throughout the year.
So, I thought, why not jump on the bandwagon?
Here a list of 50 of my favorite posts about unschooling or interest-led learning from this past year. These posts have brought me inspiration and great ideas this past year.
Have fun reading!
1. There is no scarcity: Unschooling by Amy at On Bradstreet
2. Guest Post: The Future of Unschooling by Jeff Landale @ I’m Unschooled. Yes, I Can Write
3. When the School Doors Close: A Midsummer’s Night Dream by Linda Dobson @ Parent At the Helm –AWESOME!
4. Why You DON’T Need a Curriculum for Learning by Linda Dobson @ Parent at the Helm
5. Unschooling is not Hands Off by Joanne @ An Unschooling Life
6. The Real World with Unschooling by Kimberly Sharp Slage @An Unschooling Life
7. Yes, We are Unschooling, and Yes we have Plans by Stacey @echolage
8. What We Gain: Empowering Unschooling @ radiofreeschool
9. 10 Unschooling Mistakes You Want to Avoid @radiofreeschool
10. The Ultimate Self-Education Reading List by Jamie @ Self-Made Scholar
11. Practical Learning: Reuniting Thinking and Doing by Jamie @Self Made Scholar
12. It’s Starting Again by Jessica @ Teachable Moments
13. Interest-Led Learning: Our Un-Plan for Science by Jessica @ Teachable Moments
14. Lessons Learned From the Waltons by Susan @ Learning ALL the time!
15. Not the Day I Had Planned by Susan @ Learning ALL the time!
16. The Psychology of Self-Directed Learning by Blake @ Blake Boles
17. My TEDx Talk: The Unschooling Mindset by Blake @ Blake Boles
18. The Problem with Easy by Jen @ The Path Less Taken
19. Us Time by Jen @ The Path Less Taken
20. Six Reasons Your Should Save Time in Your Schedule for Field Trips by Tonya @ The Homeschool Classroom
21. How to Encourage Writing With the Media Kids Like by Patricia @ wonderfarm
22. Love reading today! Love writing today! By Patricia @ wonderfarm
23. Moments by Denise @ MominMadison
24. Play by Denise @ MominMadison
25.So…what? Unschooling by Stephanie @ Ordinary Life Magic (this one’s really, really good!)
26. Inventory by Stephanie @ Ordinary Life Magic
27. Biggest Homeschooling Mistake: Not Travelling Sarah’s More by Sarah @Simple Homeschool
28. Learning While Travelling: 5 Road School Abroad: 5 Best Reasons by Jeanne @ Soultravelers3
29. Learning Vacations, Educational Trips that Teach Kids by Jeanne @Soultravelers3
30. Mom’s Story: When School Left My Child Behind He Was Finally Able to Learn by Jo-Anne @ The Innovative Educator
31. Students Can Educate Themselves Without the Control of Adults By Peter Gray @ The Innovative Educator
32.Freedom by Darcel @ The Mahogany Way
33. My Kids Need Me @The Mahogany Way
34. Academics Are Extracurricular to Unschooling Life by Sara @ Unschooling Lifestyle
35. Make Your Own Course of Study Collection by Sara @ Unschooling Lifestyle
36. Raising Entrepreneurs: Making Things Happen @ Camp Creek Blog
37. The Rise of the Creative Class @Camp Creek Blog
38. Kids Learn Math Easily When The Control Their Own Learning by Peter @ Freedom to Learn
39. Why Children Protest Going to School: More Evolutionary Mismatch by Peter @Freedom to Learn
40. Reporter Asks About Unschooling and Tiger Moms @ Just Enough and Nothing More
41.Creating Lifelong Learners @Just Enough and Nothing More
42. When an Interest-Blossoms into a Kid-Powered Project by Kelleigh @ Kidzinky
43. The Best of Both Worlds: Combining Real &Online Worlds in Kid-Powered Learning by Kelleigh @ Kidzinky
44. No Force Necessary by Jennifer @ Little Homeschool on the Prairie
45. Different by Jennifer @ Little Homeschool on the Prairie
46. Joy in Learning by Pat @ Pat Farenga.com
47. Back to Playing, Not Back to School by Pat @ PatFarenga.com
48.Creating Space for Art by Sara @Walk Slowly Live Wildly
49.How to Be an Unschooling Family by Sara @ Walk Slowly Live Wildly
50. Feeling Overwhelmed @ Green-Mangoes
I wish all of you a very happy New Year full of new experiences, adventures and connections.
I look forward to writing more about interest-led learning and how you can create more of that in your home this next year. I also love writing about fun resources and activities you can do in your home.
Would you mind sharing with me what YOU would like to read more about here on this site this next year? Any topic or post ideas? Any activity ideas? Please leave me any suggestions in the comments below or send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.Thanks!
What has been your favorite reading or audio about interest-led learning in 2011?
Share on Facebook